Clinical Skills Training
Health Care Assistant Clinical Skills
For staff who wish to have more understanding of basic observation skills taught by Nurse Practitioners with an interest in developing the healthcare assistant role. New Healthcare Assistance or those wishing to work as Healthcare assistance.
- Understanding observations and how to record them
- Blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration
- Understanding the needs of patients
- Urinalysis and pregnancy testing
- Stool sampling
- Blood Glucose Monitoring
- Basic hygiene requirements
- Clients’ needs and assessment
- Weighing Patients and BMI calculating
- Other routine ward based investigations
Moving and Handling
Moving and Handling is a key course that can be implemented; not only for staff within a clinical environment, but that of any business or organisation. All staff must have an annual moving and handling update. This course can be either half day refresher course or a full day for staff who have not attended a moving and handling course for over a year. The course is designed to encourage staff to examine their practice and how to reduce the risk of injuries to themselves and their patients.
- To gain an understanding of the anatomy of the spine and general ergonomics
- To gain an understanding of the risks associated with moving and handling
- To gain an understanding of relevant legislation and guidelines
- To gain an understanding and demonstration of safe techniques for moving and handling
- Risk assessment and management
- To identify and be able to use lifting and handling aids.
Safety and confidence when using the following aids:
3. Stand aids
4. Slide sheets
5. Banana Boards
6. Zimmer frames
7. Turn Tables
- Back injuries Information
- Review of costs of back related injuries
- Reasons for back-related problems
- Risk Management
- Legal and Professional aspects
- Health and Safety Regulations
- Client Moving
- Using appropriate aids
- Reviewing situations
- Bio mechanics / Ergonomics
- Causes in relation to back injury
- Identifying potential hazards
- Good practice, condemned Practices
- Role Play, Practical Session
Safeguarding of Vulnerable adults
Introduction to SOVA
Legal and Professional Issues
By the end of the day those who attend will be able to:
- To identify factors that may place adults at risk
- Define what is a vulnerable adult?
- Understand what constitutes abuse?
- Identify the warning signs and symptoms of abuse
- Identifying Types of Abuse
- Communicate and acquire notes taking skills
- Identify Where to get help
- Make Referrals
- Know how and when to whistle blow
Maximum of 12 per session
Course Name: Epilepsy Awareness
The course aims to give the individual a comprehensive overview into epilepsy including first aid skills.
The course is designed for all individuals that want to learn more about epilepsy. These include private employers, healthcare and service providers, colleges and schools plus relatives of people who lives with epilepsy
- Definition of epilepsy
- Seizures and seizure types
- What to do in an emergency
- Available Treatments
- Living with epilepsy
Half a day.
COURSE REGISTRATION AND GUIDANCE FORM : PLEASE CLICK TO DOWNLOAD.
Register here on this link above; simply download file and type or write in all fields then email or scan and attach on to our contact form